Sunday, November 16, 2008

What I want for my birthday...

Monday, Nov 17th is my 25th birthday.  Here's a modest list of my birthday wishes...

I want ice cream that doesn't bend my spoon when I try to scoop it out.  I want my cat to not wake me up at 4 am.  I want doctors to release a study stating unequivocally that cherry coke prevents heart disease.  I want food that cooks itself.  I want a government that works for the people instead of special interests.  I want an energy policy that makes sense.  I want more fuel-efficient cars that are also fun and engaging to drive.  I want the Obama administration to live up to my lofty expectations.  I want to get back into theatre.  I want an improv troupe to succeed in Cincinnati.  Did I mention I wanted my cat to NOT wake me up?  I want Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity to SHUT THE FUCK UP.  I want economists to decide on an economic plan that will ACTUALLY work.  I want women to stop telling me how great I am right before turning me down.  I want to meet a real life, grown up equivalent of Lisa Simpson.  I want Tina Fey to respond to my letters and drop that restraining order.  I want a robot that plays the Trumpet.  I want to know why I can't be a TV pundit.  I want to know where Moose Tracks ice cream gets its name.  I want people to stop driving slow in the left lane.  I want a kind, smart, funny, creative girlfriend.  I want the Arrested Development movie to not suck.  I want to see this country embrace intellectualism instead of shunning it.  I want Angelina Jolie to continue acting.  I want Dr. House to get his team back together.  I want to have a job that I actually enjoy doing.  I want to play my cello again.  I want to be with all of my friends.

And I want Guitar Hero: World Tour.  That game looks awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn, so i guess that means you dont want this kitten i was going to give you...


when tacking moooooses, its often easier to follow their poop. moosetracks is full of delicious little peanutbutter poops.

actually its the original brandname.

Raven at the Writing Desk said...

That seems more like a Christmas list... for a genie... than a birthday present.

But I'll see what I can do.

Mecha-lecha-hi-mecha-hiney-ho!