Saturday, February 27, 2010

I finally finish installing Windows 7 Release Candidate 214 days later.

And now... the exciting conclusion.

Windows 7 Release Candidate install journal, day 214.
Installation status bar finally reached 100%.

It was a hard journey, and I thank my friends and family for their constant support. The numerous food and care packages I have received during this arduous process were greatly appreciated. The days were long, the task at hand sometimes grueling. Manually reformatting my hard drive with a pen knife and twine took practice and patience. Personal information was sacrificed, such as:
My social security number
Date of Birth
Complete genome
Name of first pet.
I now have had the pleasure of using windows 7 for 5 minutes since the completing the install, and I must say the results are incredible. The sacrifices to my job performance, relationships with family and friends, upkeep on my house, and personal hygiene were definitely worth the improvement in virtual memory management and graphics rendering over windows vista.

I now look forwards to showering, clearing the mounds of mountain dew cans and moldy cheetos, and showering again.

Also, you would not believe the new version of Solitaire they have on this. It is wicked awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hooray! we missed you. the next step is to go get that awesome girl of yours and come hang out with us. showering is optional.