Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An Amerikajin in Toyotashi, Volume II

21:49 June 16.

Woke up early today to lound, unfamilar sounds. Might have been a godzilla attack. CNN International reported none.

Met a frenchman today. Thought about conversing in french, but decided the odds of our conversation dipping into "Ou est la biblioteque" were slim at best.

Worked all day. Motomachi plant is huge. The doors are all very polite--they greet you with a delightful female voice.

Bumpers did not go well. I demanded we try again tomorrow. It is hard to not look like an asshole when you are making request in a foreign language.

Ate at what I'm sure is the number one foreign bar in all of Toyota City. Kevin's is owned by a husband and wife team... they are delightful. I ate the sparrow and the squid. Kevin suggested I man not, in fact, be american. He suggested I was an alien instead. He might be right.

Sparrow tasted crunchy and adorable. I hope it was the same bird that followed me around CVG and DTW. take THAT, bird.

Japanese beer is surprisingly potent... and delicious. I think I'm going to bed.

sayonara.

No comments: